Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us! As an organization that is run entirely by volunteers, we are always in need of new people to join our team. Each new volunteer brings the opportunity to save more lives. Here you will find a list of our current volunteer needs. Whether you'd like to spend one Saturday a month volunteering, several hours a week, or anything in between, we could certainly use and would appreciate your help.
Please click here to fill out a volunteer application.
- Adoption Center Animal Caretaker-- This involves feeding, watering, and socializing cats that are being housed at the Adoption Center, as well as cleaning up after them. You will need to lift litter and cat food. It is ideal if you have a car and are able to transport animals and run errands, but it is not a requirement. Volunteers must be 18 or older.
- Adoption Center Customer Service – This position involves interacting with customers, answering the phone, ringing up sales, showing animals to potential adopters, and completing general paperwork, data entry, and office organizing tasks. Volunteers are needed who can take on a regular shift for a few hours one day each week. It is ideal if you have a car and are able to transport animals and run errands, but it is not a requirement. Volunteers must be 18 or older.
- Event Volunteer -- We need volunteers to attend weekend adoption events throughout Palm Beach County and occasionally beyond. Responsibilities include setting up, helping with cats and dogs (holding leashes, walking dogs), keeping an eye on our space at the event, and talking with the general public. If you are a student seeking community service hours, this is the option for you. Volunteers under 18 must be accompied by a parent or guardian (with the exception that with pre-approval of that particular event's Event Coordinator volunteers ages 14 - 17 may volunteer without an adult or guardian present.)
- Foster Home -- We need new foster parents for our cats and dogs at all times. We need foster homes to rescue animals. The majority of our animals are in foster homes until they are adopted. Each new foster home opens up more space for us to rescue another cat or dog and save another life! Fosters make a huge difference in the lives of the animals. As a foster, you are responsible for socializing and caring for the cat or dog and helping to transport them to the vet and events if possible. A.R.F. pays for their food, medical care, etc.
- PetSmart & Pet Supplies Plus Cat Care -- Cat lovers, this is a great opportunity for you! Responsible and dependable volunteers are needed to care for and love these cats while they are in this transitional period. Please be able to donate a few hours of your time once a week to help out at one of these locations. You will be cleaning cages, scooping litter boxes, talking with potential adopters, playing with and loving on the cats, and giving them time out of the cages. The cats will look forward to seeing you every week! Volunteers must be 18 or older.
Locations in need of volunteers:
- PetSmart, 510 Linton Blvd., Delray Beach, FL 33444
- Pet Supply Plus, 5960 S. Jog Road, Suite A, Lake Worth, 33467
- Pet Supply Plus, 800 Linton Blvd., Delray Beach, FL 33444
- Foster Coordinator -- If you enjoy interacting with people and have a desire to devote yourself to a long term volunteer position, this would be a good option for you! The responsibilities of the foster coordinator include keeping track of available foster homes and the animals within those homes, making sure that the needs of foster parents are met, troubleshooting any issues that may arise within the foster homes, doing home checks for new fosters, and finding new foster homes. Fostering is an integral part of our mission. We must have foster homes in order to save animals and we must have someone to organize these foster homes in order to keep things running smoothly
- Fundraising Coordinator -- We are looking for someone to focus solely on fundraising and obtaining donations from individuals and local companies. We want a person who is positive, social, full of ideas, and not afraid to get out there and talk to people to make things happen. Experience in the realm of fundraising would be great! This position is for someone who has the time and desire to devote to helping us reach our goals and save more animals.
- Volunteer Coordinator -- Another long term volunteer position! We need a dependable, organized, and dedicated volunteer coordinator to recruit and train new volunteers and manage volunteer communications. We need someone to be the point of contact for all volunteers, new and old, to make sure events are staffed, and communicate/train anyone who may be interested in volunteering.